Saturday, January 21, 2006

A note about sugar

Okay so I have to take a little time to talk about the latest enemy sugar. I started this blog for my mom (and my dad but he hasn't been reading it so it's really just for my mom until my dad starts reading it and now that they got this amazing new computer and high speed internet access he really doesn't have any excuses). I thought she would like to read about products at Trader Joe's, since a new Trader Joe's just opened up in West Hartford.

Then I traveled back east for a bit and was informed that sugar is my parents newest enemy and they are on a low sugar diet. Now their reasons for being on a low sugar diet are totally valid (more medical and health than cosmetic). So for my mom, I will make an effort to make more low sugar posts. I don't want to be the cause of any health crisises because I recommended the delicious tasty high sugar treat of Mango Juice.

But for everyone else, a note about sugar and my eating philosophy. Everything in moderation. So sugar's not the enemy, as long as you don't go crazy and pour it down your throat. Of course if I could follow this wonderful philosophy of everything in moderation when I'm around pizza or french fries, my heart would be much happier.

One of the things that I like about eating foods from Trader Joe's is that they do seem a little more healthier than the processed junk that you get at your local chain grocery store. I don't know if that is a marketing/packaging myth or if the foods really are healthier. Although the fact that I'm actually heating up (tm) dinner instead of eating fast food every night, that is definitely healthier.